Monday, March 26, 2007

A weekend of cousins!

It is so gloomy today. I thought I would make a trip to Target to get me in a better mood, but a monsoon of a thunderstorm kept me from getting there. Bummer. I am thankful for the rain, but ready for the blue skies and spring weather to be around!
We had a fun weekend of traveling to the metroplex. Brad really has a coosh (sp?) job. He recruits all over, in a school vehicle, get his meals paid for, stay in nice hotels and I get to travel with him and see friends and family I normally wouldn't get to see as often. It's one of the blessings of being a coach's wife.
These pictures are a little out of order, but you will get the drift. Our week/weekend in a nutshell:
Cousin time! Mallory and Tate are exactly 6 months apart, so it has been and will be fun watching them grow up so close. We went to the metroplex for his baby dedication at church. Here is Tate trying to get some tummy time in while Mallory "plays" with his hair. She is also in need of a serious diaper change!! Side note: Thanks for the dress Aunt Jenn, she looked super cute at church!!
Brad's grandparents stopped by on their way home to Houston to visit with Mallory earlier in the week. We thought she might recognize them, since she just saw them a week ago, but she still wouldn't give a smile. Turkey! I always say, "She's smiling on the inside!" I'm just glad we are over the phase of crying when people hold her (other than me and Brad).
I can deal with no smiles, but crying kind of hurts people's feelings.


This is Julia. She is our niece and Mallory's other cousin. Julia is almost exactly 5 months older than Mallory. How fun is that? I am predicting a lot of discipline needing to happen in the next couple of years because of trouble these two are going to get into. She obviously LOVES bubbles!! We got to spend the night in the "country" with her and her parents (we enjoyed seeing you guys too!)


The first "cousin bath"! The girls are now old enough to take a bath together. I think they enjoyed stealing the rubber ducky back and forth. Although, Mallory really liked the spray thingy we used to rinse her hair out with. She was fascinated with it.


There it is. We had a fun and fast weekend. I think Mallory may be allergic to the metroplex though. She has been sneezing snot out of her nostrils all day today!
I'll leave you with that image:)



4 comments:

B-Mom said...

Can you email the pic of the cousins bath? I need it for my wall! So cute!

Shannon said...

I thought about your bathroom as I was taking the pictures. There is more where that one came from. I'll snapfish them to you!

campers said...

Ohhh I remember the "college coaching" days! It is a very nice perk!!! Glad you are getting to enjoy it!

Kelly said...

Lots of fun seeing y'all again! I know Tate really appreciated you coming to see him on his big day. :)