Friday night we ate at Mi Cocina in Southlake. Wade kept the kids busy with popping bubbles on his IPhone. Uncle Wade is a handy guy to have around while waiting for the check!!
It was a nice evening, so we played around the fountains for a while before heading back to my parent's house. I really wish our town had stuff like this. It's free and fun entertainment!
The dogs are always a hit with the grandkids. Here's Mallory posing with Jazz, who is leaning on the elderly side. It will be a sad day when she's not at the house anymore!
Saturday morning, my parents gave the kids their Easter buckets and had an egg "hunt" out in their front yard. I use the term "hunt" very loosely:) Mom basically threw a bunch of plastic eggs out in the grass. There was no "hunting" involved, but it was still loads of fun!
Saturday evening, we went to church with Kelly and Wade. Mallory loves "Tate's church" because there is a play area inside! It is MUCH cooler than our church:) We had dinner at my parent's house (mom's chicken tarragon looked and tasted MUCH better than my attempt) and ice cream cake to celebrate. Kelly and Wade's gift will go down as one of my all time favorites. I mentioned this forever ago and she remembered!! Sorry Mom, you'll have to get creative now:)
Sunday was especially fun for me and Kelly! We took off early Sunday morning and headed to Canton...by ourselves...without husbands...or children!! It was my first time there and it did not disappoint! I came home with some really cute fabric, a fun bucket for the girl's bathroom (which is in the process of being redecorated) and a couple of books for the girls. I was on a "business" trip or else I would have brought home a lot more stuff for me! I am already ready to go back. We only had about 4 hours to spend there and we figured out that is not enough.
Mallory and Morgan got to have some fun too...with daddy! Brad took the girls to Krispy Kreme for some doughnuts with Uncle Wade and Tate. I guess they were a hit since Morgan ate 1 1/2 by herself!!! Later that day, Mallory, Brad, Uncle Wade and Tate all went to Keller Pointe to go swimming. That was a huge hit...with Brad too! Again, it's too bad we don't have anything like that around here.
And then on the road again heading home! What a fun weekend.
7 comments:
I have that exact same stamp! How fun! I love it and it works great at Christmastime when you're trying to get the cards in the mail! I hear ya on wishing we had beautiful places like Southlake where you can walk around for free and and enjoy the fountains, etc. A-town doesn't have much of that either. LOL
i LOVE that pic of them on the piano....so sweet!
sounds like yall had a great time. those skirts look so cute on the girls! i too wish we had more options for kids around here!
Good recap! But no mention of our healthy lunch or our detour. You're so nice!
We had lots of fun with everyone!
That piano picture is priceless! Especially since they are looking at each other! :) Sisters are so special.
I ADORE Mallory's hair cut. It is too cute! You are right, she looks older. AHHHH. It is going so quickly.
It sounds like you all had a wonderful time together (as usual). The pictures are precious.
J
love, love the piano pic!
Post a Comment