Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Genetics

They are a funny thing. When we got pregnant with Mallory, and found out she was a Mallory, I just knew that she would look like me. And, she did!! A lot!! So many of my baby pictures look just like Mallory's. It was strange and surreal.

So, when we got pregnant with Morgan, I wondered if she would look like Mallory. She did...for the first 5 minutes after she was born! She changed so much as a baby. All of her black hair fell out and blonde hair came in it's place! Her eyes stayed blue and her skin if a lot more fair than my olive skin.


When we were at BMom and Pop's house a few months after Morgan was born, I was looking through some old photo albums. I wish I had the picture of Brad at 3 months to scan and put on here. It was crazy how much they looked alike...and still do!!
The strangest thing of all is about 6ish months ago, I started noticing that Morgan looked like my sister's baby pictures. How weird is that? She looks NOTHING like me, but just like her dad and aunt? I always joke that I was just the surrogate, but that kind of creeps people out:) But seriously. It's weird. Here's some proof!
First, we'll start with how much Mallory and Morgan do not look like each other. Here is Mallory at 10 months, and Morgan last Sunday (15 months):



Now, here is Aunt Kelly (and Mimi) back in 1976ish:


Aunt Kelly around one year old:


Morgan at 14 months (here I think Mallory and Morgan might resemble each other a little):


Is that not the weirdest thing ever???? I was looking through old pictures at my parent's house and just kept saying, "Oh my word! That is weeeeeiiirrrrddddd!!!"

And, just for fun, here are some pictures of me around 2 years old, and a picture of Mallory at 2 years old (it was the closest picture of Mallory with a "mullet"...apparently my preferred choice of hairstyle from 2-8 years old...thanks Mom and Dad!):





11 comments:

Kelly said...

Crazy!!! That is so weird. At least everyone says Morgan is cute...right???? And people still tell me I'm cute! :)

And I do think Mallory and Miss Germany look a lot alike.

I had some major flashbacks seeing the lovely black & white couch and the wooden picnic table.

Audra Laney said...

Wow! That's crazy!

Brooke said...

CrrrraaaaaZY!

B-Mom said...

It is crazy. I see what you're saying. But Mallory looks just like you...and that's a blessing. And sweet Morgan even looking like her dad is precious! They are both beautiful!

Wade said...

Oh wow!

campers said...

very crazy!!!

campers said...

we would love to meet up...

Anonymous said...

Hey don't hate the mullet. You know you loved it!

I need to put up a similar post. Speaking of...the last photo of you by the Christmas tree looks a whole lot like Shane when he was a kid (except for the dress!) :)

Amanda said...

That's so funny! Bethany looks just like me and Landry looks just like Raymond.

Loved seeing all the pictures! Morgan does really look like her aunt!

Lindsey said...

Hello, your blog is so cute. I also added you to my blog roll. Hope you had a great weekend:)

Katie said...

Genetics is funny, isn't it? Anna (my 2nd) looks like Jeremy. But for a while she looked just like Melanie. She has Melanie's little nose. Weird.