Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My addiction came in handy!

Some may say that I have an addiction to Coke (the drink, just to clarify). I will admit that my preferred drink with pizza, mexican food, popcorn, Taco Bueno...okay, my preferred drink with anything is usually Coke. I really try to limit myself to one a day. That is why I don't buy Coke for the house! I would totally go through a 12 pack in 3 days. It's awful. My newest addiction is the $1 Cokes at McDonald's. They are greatness. I've started ordering them with extra ice, mmm! Yesterday, my $1 Coke came in handy, and that is why I will continue to invest in $1 Cokes.

After lunch, I thought it'd be a great idea to head to the park. It was a beautiful day yesterday and the girls were in great moods. So, we went to the park right by our house.

It's a very toddler friendly park without too many openings. After about 4 times down the baby slide, Morgan thought she'd be big stuff and follow Mallory around. She still isn't walking, so she just crawled as fast as she could over the bridge and up the steps...you might see where this is going.

She was crawling up the steps and I guess she looked back to see Mallory, and slipped head first down the step. She of course started screaming so I ran up the steps to grab her. I thought she just bumped her head, but then I noticed her mouth and all the blood! Yikes! I flipped out slightly (that is the calm, cool and collected ER nurse in me) and ran Morgan to the car (and yelled for Mallory to run too!).

I had nothing in the car to wipe her mouth off with, so I used the extra skirt in Mallory's bag. After I wiped her clean, I finally saw that she had (only) busted her top lip. It was already starting to puff up...and then I saw my $1 Coke!! I know the ice from my Coke made Morgan's mouth feel 10 times better. So, there you have it. That is the reason I buy my $1 Cokes almost everyday:) I don't need a first aid kit or extra towels in my car for accidents...just my $1 Coke from McDonald's!!!

Morgan's mouth is totally fine by the way. After about 10 minutes, she didn't even act like anything had happened! It was swollen and puffy after her nap, but today it's pretty much normal. I think the accident might have helped break her top teeth through the gums...just joking!

11 comments:

Brooke said...

Good for you! I would have freaked out! I'm glad she got over it so quickly!

Kelly said...

Poor Morgie! :) Glad the Coke could come to the rescue.

Extra ice???? You're missing out on extra Coke.

B-Mom said...

Ok...this is the marketing background in me. You need to send your testimonial straight to McDonalds. They might even give you $1 cokes for life (or at least a coupon for 10% off!). Ha!

I'm glad that was all the injury. Sorry you had to deal with that alone. At least they are in good hands with their Mommy Nurse!

JLB said...

Soooooo cute! You are hilarious!

Glad she's doing good and way to go $1 cokes!

Speaking of, you think you'll be able to use your coke crate somehow? I saw a cute table made out of one. I'll have to forward it to you.

Love!

Michelle said...

I guess I should have CJ read this so he will not give me a hard time about my Dr. peppers that I get almost everyday!!

mandy said...

Glad Morgan is ok--Hannah can be walking with nothing in site and can somehow bust her lip, its almost a weekly occurence for us now. Good to know about the 1$ cokes!

Krich said...

Preach it, sister!!! The only thing better than a ice cold coke is an ice cold coke with a cold ding dong!!!

P.S. Although, I am going to have to agree with Kelly that more ice means less coke....

And...I am a little bitter that Abilene doesn't have their $1 cokes anymore.

Last thing...Sharon, I did call McD's to give them a compliment and they sent me 2 or 3 coupons for free sandwiches. Woohoo. So did Sonic!

the Fords said...

I love coke too!!! i swear, we are a lot alike. i miss you!!

Amanda said...

Ha! So funny! I get $1 cokes from Bush's chicken or Taco Express almost daily. They haven't really come in handy for me yet, though. :)

Loved the Easter pics, by the way! So cute! We get the thumb in the mouth pic a lot around here, too.

Becky said...

Thanks for stopping by the leaving a comment on my blog! I love hearing from new folks...and I know exactly who you are Shannon :)

Did you end up buying the breakfast set from Martha's Room that day we saw each other?

I will book mark you and visit again!

Glad the park debacle didn't leave any permanent scars ;) Thank goodness for that coke addiction!

Lori said...

Poor thing!! And yuck about the top teeth thing... ha ha Although maybe that is what we need to do with Sophia so she can move past this horrible teething time. I have to agree about the McDonald cokes. I have been know to swing by there as well on occassion. Miss you guys and glad Morgan is ok.