Thursday, January 08, 2009

Spontaneous and sweet

That would be the word to describe yesterday. I came home from running errands to find a vase of beautiful flowers on the table with a note that read, "Shannnon, Be ready to go at 6:15, a sitter is coming to our house at 6:00. Dress nice. Love, Brad" What??????!!!!!! How fun!


The sitter came over and after a quick run through of the nightly routine we were off! We never spend lots of money on nice restaurants (not really our thing and would usually rather spend it on something else), so to have a reservation to make was HUGE!! We ate dinner at a very nice steakhouse. We were stuffed with yummy steak, baked potato and caesar salad. Mmmmm!


I figured that was it, but Brad had more up his sleeve. He told me I had a certain amount of money and could go shopping!!! I can't remember the last time I went shopping for myself and without kids. It was heaven...even if it was only 40 minutes since the store closed at 9. I guess my whining about not having anything to wear on Sunday mornings (or anyday) was getting old:)


I definitely thought we were done after that, but we headed to Cheddar's and had a Cookie Monster to finish the night. Heaven again!!


What a night! It was so fun to be by ourselves for 4 hours knowing our girls were taken care of and we had time to ourselves. I know we won't always be able to eat so grandly or drop cash shopping on every date, but last night was so fun! I am so thankful for Brad. He and I both know that recruiting season is hard. I appreciate him taking a night out to remind me that he knows and cares.
I can't decide if this beats his other random act of sweetness though:)

11 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like yall had a great time! Brad did a great job planning it!

Kelly said...

Go Brad!

Wade said...

Nicely done, Brad!

(Now can you do the same for Kelly and I???)

Lori said...

Super fun!!! I can't wait till I feel like Sophia is old enough to leave with someone. I think we have gone out maybe twice by ourselves since FAITH was born 2 years ago. SAD!!! And I was catching up, but I recommended that book to a ton of friends too. I don't read often, but I read that book in about a week... and I only get to read right before bed. It is great!!!

B-Mom said...

That's my boy! You guys need that from time to time. All couples do. Someday your kids are grown and gone (faster than you can even imagine) and you will be alone. You don't want to be alone with a stranger. It is important to your kids that you spend time together as a couple! OK...so that's my sermon for the day. Thank you, Shannon, for being such a precious wife to Brad. And, thank you, Brad, for remembering how blessed you are!

Mrs. Mays said...

That's a keeper! So glad you had a nice night out, you guys deserve it!

campers said...

He wins husband of the year!!!! For sure! Tell him I said way to go!

The Brackeens said...

It's great to see romance in marriage. He's a keeper! I'm glad he realizes that dessert tops it all off! I like that better than shopping! ;)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Brad! :)

Amanda said...

Good job Brad! I'm not sure my husband would know how to go about getting a babysitter. :) Sounds like you guys had a wonderful evening!!!

JLB said...

Sweet sweet brother-in-law! Makes for a long happy marriage.....proud that you guys make the time for each other.