I've decided to start a new blogging topic: the level of difficulty required for each of Mallory's toys that we have to put together. It really is ridiculous. I mean, why can't they box up toys that are already assembled? It would make parent's lives so much easier.
Yesterday I got out the exersaucer. The box says 4 months and up, so it's time to "exersauce". It took approximately 2 hours to complete (that is including putting Mallory down for a nap and entertaining her after she woke up from her nap). The instructions were a little overwhelming at first, but not too bad after you started. The hardest part was getting one of the spinning toys onto the top of it. Brad had to help me this morning with a flat head screw driver and both of us pushing and pulling on it. I also broke a nail putting this together. There should be a warning for that: "Warning: file all nails down before trying to assemble product." After all was said and done and after Mallory tried it out, I give this toy a 2 1/2 out of 5 for it's difficulty. I'm sure there will be more difficult toys in the future.

It appears that someone is ready for the soccer game today. Let's just hope the Crusaders are too! They lost yesterday to UT Tyler 2-1. It was a good game and they played really well (I thought-Brad might have other ideas!). Today it's Concordia University, another good team. Hopefully I'll have a good report for you all later.
UPDATE: We beat Concordia 3-1. I thought it was a great game, but Brad didn't think they played as well as they could have. So, he has a practice scheduled for tomorrow for whoever (read: everyone) that wants to come. Tough coach, huh? UMHB is tied right now with 3 other schools (I think) for a spot in the conference tournament. Pretty impressive for Brad's first year. Keep it up!


5 comments:
I love her t-shirt! It reminds me of a pair of socks that a student was wearing last week that said - I'm not a bully, you're just a sissy. It's time to get tough. Play some hard soccer!! Go Brad!
Brad loves her t-shirt with the hot pink shorts:)
Unfortunately, we had an abundance of spit up and Mallory wasn't able to wear her shirt. Instead, she sported a purple bow to support the Crusaders!
Does she look tough or what! :) Too cute. Congrats on the win Brad. Hey, even if they didn't play as good as he wants, it's a win! Very exciting!
The Crusaders win, the Longhorns wins, Mallory gets to exersauce - sounds like an ideal day at the Bankhead's!
Great job Brad!
Love the shirt! Next time, tell her B-Mom said, "Don't spit up on it before the game." I'm sure she will listen as good as her Dad always did! I'm so anxious to see the guys play...next weekend!
Post a Comment