#1 Jell-o Pudding Pops. They are just not the same. I LOVED these when I was a little girl. I mean, loved them! Especially the chocolate/vanilla swirl (I would eat those first, then chocolate, then vanilla). So, naturally I was pumped when I saw the box at Wal-Mart. I snatched them up and put them in my cart. Boy, was I excited to have dessert that night! I opened the box and pulled out a swirl pudding pop. My first clue that things were going to be different should have been #1 the box/different brand, #2 the size of the pop-not the same rectangle one I remember...more like a fudgesickle. But I tried it anyway. Very disappointing. Just not the same as I remember. Not even close actually. Nice try "Pop-sickle". I won't be buying any more.
#2 N squared. I know you all have been on the edge of your seats waiting for this post:) About 2 weeks ago, Brad's sister and husband came in town to watch a soccer game. It stormed pretty bad, so we had to wait for the rain delay at our house. While we were looking out our living room window at the rain coming down, we noticed our backyard neighbor's light on in their frosted window. Yes, you know where this is going. I told LaShay and Steve, "Oh, look, our neighbor is in their bathroom. I don't think they know that you can see through the glass...but we have never seen any skin, so we haven't said anything before." Literally, right when I said that, the neighbor came out of her bedroom naked!! You couldn't see any details (the frosted glass helped to make her silhouette a little blurry), but you could definitely tell that she was either wearing a peach colored dress, or it was bare skin! It took us a while to figure it out and then she helped us out. She leaned forward and you could see crack!! We knew for sure what she was wearing at that point in time. Then, the funniest and most awkward part..the man of the house came into the bathroom (fully dressed), stood behind her and started swaying with her!! At that time, we were all grossed out and laughing hysterically! We have "naked neighbors"-hence the N squared-creative, I know. So, this is the hard part. Do I leave a note on their front door anonymously saying, "Just wanted you to know that your frosted glass in the bathroom isn't so frosted"? Or just let it go and leave all of our blinds closed to the backyard?
I think we should probably say something.
#3 My sister is hooked on Project Runway (the gist is that a bunch of designers compete in challenges every week to win $100,000-and other things-to start up their own line of clothing). So, the other day, there were re-runs of the season on Bravo, and now I'm hooked! Throughout the day today, I caught up on the first of the season so that I could feel complete watching the finale tonight. I want Laura to win, she is the classiest of the four. It's actually a really good reality show. Brad won't admit it, but he kind of likes it too!
Below is a picture I took this morning while I was getting ready. Mallory enjoyed watching herself in the mirror. Pretty amusing for me, too!
20 comments:
Mallory is looking so grown up! I love the picture on this posting. :-) Any more success sleeping now that she's having cereal?
I cannot believe that about "N-squared"! Instead of leaving an anonymous note, maybe someone could leave your blog address on their door. Haha. It kind of makes you wonder what other people have seen you do when you didn't think anyone was watching. I had a friend whose pet-peeve was people picking their noses in the car. She'd always say..."It's like people think no one can see them!" Although being naked is much worse!
Anyway, I hope you're doing well, and we can't wait to see you!
The neighbor story is hilarious and scary! Wouldn't you just be horrified?
Mallory's picture is too cute!
You and Brad should walk nude back and forth ourside their frosted window so that while they are calling the cops on you they will stop and think, "Holy Cow! You can see nude people thru the frosted glass. I wonder if they can see us?"
Tell me how it works!
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'll let you know which one we go with!
Sarah, I forgot to answer your question. The cereal hasn't helped yet. So much for that theory, huh?
Bummer.
Cute picture!
The naked neighbor stuff is worrying me now. Both of our bathrooms have windows in the shower. I had Michael go outside when it was dark while I stood in the shower to see if one could see through the window. He promises that one can't see anything, but I never saw it for myself. Tonight, I'm having him stand in the shower while I go outside to check. I don't want someone blogging about me being by a window w/o a stitch of clothing!
1. Nothing is ever as good as you remember it to be!
2. One thing to remember is that you are the ONLY ones with vision into their bathroom....correct? So anonymous just doesn't apply in that case.
3. That girl and her tongue! Hysterical and sooooooo cute!
Brooke, I think it's just that their frosted glass needs another coat and was probably not done properly. I bet your window is fine. Do you really have a window in your shower? That is an interesting place to put a window.
Hey Sharon! I guess I missed your comment while I was commenting to Brooke.
No, we aren't the only ones who can see their window. There are our neighbors that can probably see in the window too. All of our backyards kind of slope down a little. I want to do it anonymously so that if we ever meet, it won't be awkward when they say, "Hey, was it you guys that left us the note?"
Try leaving a note on their front door saying, “FYI: A frosted bathroom window doesn’t necessarily mean a private bathroom window.”
Yeah, what I meant was IF you were the only ones who had a view into their bathroom, then they would know WHO had left the anonymous note.
I like Wade's idea...the second one I mean. Somehow telling Brad to run around nude sends scarey thoughts thru my head. He did hit a few headers in his soccer career and some of his friends led him astray more times than I probably want to know. I mean, afterall, he had a questionable photo before we even knew you.............Ha!
Hilarious!!! I absolutely love the nude neighbors!! Hey, it could be great entertainment on a boring night, so I say leave it alone. Ha, ha, ha!!! I'm totally kidding! Oh, and I have to agree that your brother in law telling Brad to run around nude probably isn't such a great idea because Brad would probably do it. Ha! I love it!
Mallory is precious!! She is growing so fast! I wonder when I'll get to meet her in person?? Hope you guys are doing well and get some sleep soon!!
Well, I've given this a lot of thought. It seems to me that if people walk naked in front of you, the only way to get them back is to walk naked in front of them. It's only fair that way. You have to do it.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that BUMBO clearly states on the product that it is not to be used on elevated surfaces. If I see a picture like this again, I will be forced to report you. But don't worry, we will be more than happy to take her under our care. Be warned.
tim
Chris (I'm assuming this is Chris), you are right, it is only fair. I'll make Brad do it tonight!
Tim, you are right also. It does say that on the back of it. I am a bad mommy. You can take her under your care, but I bet you will want to give her back when it's lunchtime! Be warned:)
I'll take her under my care anytime! Day or night. Lunch or dinner. She'll learn to love that bottle!
And, if Brad succombs to the nude challenge, please don't tell me. Too soon!
The pictures of Mallory are beautiful. Just a note to say I love ya and glad that all is well in your household. By the way leave the neighbor alone and video tape it for me.
Love ya
Mark Thompson
Hey Mark!
Good to hear from you! Maybe that would be better than a note...a video tape of them on their front step. Hmmm...
Now the video tape would probably work...what an eye opener!
Post a Comment