Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's true

Everyone has said the 4 month shots are worse than the 2 month shots. Boy, is it true. You all pretty much know that Mallory is a screamer when she cries, but this time was different. She got 4 shots again. The first one was the "Ouch, what was that for?". The second one made her mad and then of course, the ones to follow as well. She had a very pitiful scream. It was sad and I got teary watching her in the mirror hold her breath and turn red. Last time she quieted down as soon as I picked her up. This time, not so much. She was hurting! Good thing for the paci though. That helped a lot. She fell asleep while we were waiting to check out and she is still out in her crib now. Poor girl. We did have a really sweet nurse that gave her the shots. She kept asking Mallory for a "mile". Brad and I thought it was funny she left the "s" off of smile. She also gave Mallory a bright orange fish...that is in a fish bowl right now....not really, it's a stuffed animal. Anywhoo.

Now for the 4 month update:
Weight: 15 pounds (75th percentile)
Height: 26 1/2 inches (above the 95th percentile! The nurse might have stretched her a little too much on the table:) )

Dr. Kastner gave us the okay to start rice cereal. He even said we could start jar baby food, but I don't think I'm ready for that! I think we'll try cereal next week. I told him about her sleep issues (not sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time and waking up after 2 hours usually-but going back to sleep after her paci is back in). He told us to cut back on her naps. We'll see how that one goes. If she is anything like her mommy (which we all know she is, since she is moody!), cutting back on naptime won't be beneficial. But, we will try and see how it goes. It jsut dawned on me that the reason she sleeps so well when we are with family, is because she doesn't take long naps like at home. Maybe that will be the trick. He said she is very pretty and healthy. We agree!

5 comments:

B-Mom said...

Poor baby! And Mallory! It's tough being a mom when your kids hurt! But, the doc is right, she is very pretty and healthy! I think you will be surprised with how she does with the cereal! It may be very satisfying and she just sleeps away! Ha! You girls be careful on the road this weekend! Love you!

Chris and Sarah said...

Great to hear the report! I can't believe how long she is! I will be anxiously awaiting your blogs on solid food. :-) I bet that will be pretty funny. Sorry the shots were worse this time...although I'm glad to know about it ahead of time.

Brooke said...

My husband has this thing with his guy friends...healthy means beautiful. Before we hooked up, it was their code to tell each other secretly who was cute - "Dude, she's healthy." So it was funny for me to read that she was pretty and healthy. But I have to concur. Mallory is a pretty baby with some long legs!

Shannon said...

Sharon-maybe the rice cereal will be like turkey and make her really sleepy after she eats it:)

Sarah-just wait, it's not fun! And I am definitely getting some pictures of the first solids to share with the whole world. She will be mad at me when she is 14:)

Brooke-that is a funny story about Michael. Thank you for "concurring"! I hope you get to see her long legs in person soon!

Anonymous said...

Mallory's not gonna do much nappin' this weekend once I get a hold of her!

Can't wait!