Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thank you Sharon!


Yesterday my sweet mother in law (Sharon) came to our house. She hadn't seen Mallory in 6 weeks, so she was going through withdrawals. I got to go grocery shopping, to the bank and return stuff at WalMart all within one hour! She kept Mallory for me so I could get it all done quick. Then, even better. She babysat so Brad and I could go on a date. We went to Killeen for dinner, walked around the new Kohl's and then came home to feed Mallory (because she still won't take a flippin bottle! We are getting closer with the Playtex nurser...at least she doesn't scream with that one). After her tummy was full and she fell asleep in Sharon's arms, out we went, to a movie! We saw Invincible. And we were the only ones in the theater! How fun is that? It was a real date. And much needed. We haven't been out alone since she was born I think.

It was interesting to be at dinner and realize that Mallory is definitely part of our family now (not that we didn't think so...you know what I mean). Strange how we feel like we have always had her and "what did we do before she came along". She's grown on us a lot since her first loooonggg (and loud) week at home:)

6 comments:

B-Mom said...

It was a blessing! I wish you guys weren't so far away so I could do it more often.

A lesson for all you young parents out there: you need to continue to develop your relationship as a couple because someday your children will grow up and move on...and you could wake up with a stranger! There is no harm in getting a sitter and having a date. In fact it is essential to your marital health!

By the way, no charge for the sermon! Ha!

B-Mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, once again I am laughing as I catch up on your blog. The reason?? Well, I just read your post on the grilled cheese/soup thing and while I was reading your post about seeing Invincible, Mark was playing the song by John Mayer that says, "I am invincible....". Crazy, wierd. I must have Shannon karma right now.

Meredith

Anonymous said...

love them in that position but nked the little bald p---y pushed out for all to see mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wanking time

Anonymous said...

I have lots if you want to trade

Anonymous said...

me too lets trade

Anonymous said...

I'm in I love baby pu--y