In honor of Mallory:
Thirteen thoughts I have had in the middle of the night while feeding her:
1. "Already?" That is after I stayed up too late when she had already gone to bed and had to wake up an hour (or 20 minutes) later.
2. "Ouch, that hurt!" I have run into many doors, walls, beds etc. while walking around our house in the dark.
3. "Do men have mammary glands?" My memory of anatomy class is a little fuzzy at 3:00 am. They don't have them, but it sure would be helpful!
4. "How can such a sweet, little baby make such a smelly, big shooey?" I'm talking out the back of the diaper here people. It's bad!
5. "I really need to finish her nursery." I mean, what, she's only 3 1/2 months old already! Geez.
6. "What kind of mommy am I and will I be when you get older?" Am I doing everything I can right now for you to grow and learn new things? Will you like to hang out with me? Will you talk to me? Will we get along, or both be really stubborn when you are a teenager?
7. "Thank you Lord for the pacifier." It really is nice that it soothes her (most of the time) and helps her fall asleep a little faster.
8. "When is it that babies sleep 12 hours at night?" And can it happen sooner? :)
9. "How can I leave your room and make you go to sleep, when you look up at me and smile, making your paci fall out of your mouth?" I absolutely love when Mallory smiles. It is the best feeling in the world. Especially when I am really tired and grumpy and rethinking this whole breastfeeding thing. It makes it all worth it.
10. "It would be really nice if you would take a bottle." I know I kind of sound like I'm complaining about the breastfeeding thing. I really do enjoy it and I'm happy to do it for her sake. It's just that some nights (or days) I wish I could have a break. But no, Mallory really likes me and screams when we try a bottle. Fun times.
11. "That takes talent-sleeping and eating at the same time." I guess she isn't really sleeping, but it sure looks like it with her eyes closed and peaceful.
12. "How do you wiggle out of your swaddle so easy when I put it around you so tight?" She is a little Houdini sometimes!
13. "What a blessing." It still amazes me that she grew inside of me. Crazy. Thank you Lord for this long, loud (when screaming), chubby cheeked, fuzzy headed, long eyelashed, big footed, stubborn, beautiful baby girl. We can't imagine our life without her now.
*A side note: UMHB beat Texas Weslyan yesterday afternoon 6-0!! Gooooo Brad! It was a great game and we got to stay for the whole thing!

8 comments:
I love my 2 girls! Thank you so much for all you do for Mallory! She already loves you and I know she will love hangin' with you when she's older! As long as she has your genes she will be smart, beautiful and ditzy (I don't think I ever knew you could be both - smart and ditzy)! If she gets my genes she'll be the not so smart, smelly and goofy looking kid in school! (BUT a stud athlete!)
Mallory and Shannon's Daddy
Shannon,
That was so sweet. You really need to print what you wrote, and keep it in her baby book.
Brad,
Mallory and "Shannon's" Daddy? Too weird....by the way, way to go with your 6-0 win!
That was very sweet. This makes me appreciate my sleep, but also makes me want to have a little one. It is weird to think about what our children will be like and what they will think of us as they grow older.
Thank you dear! I appreciate you letting me stay home! Mallory will be the toughest soccer player with painted nails, big bows and ironed jerseys:)
Mom, Brad thinks he's funny!
Brooke, catch up on your sleep now! Although I will say, it is amazing what you can accomplish on 2-4 hours of sleep!
In honor of Mallory...who's Mallory??
You gotta love that Enright "Smart & Ditzy" gene - it's what keeps them humble!
Wade
Who's anonymous?
Thanks Wade...I think?! You know your world is more entertaining with me and Kelly around!
I am.
Post a Comment