I'm sure Brad wouldn't want me to rehash the details of the soccer games. So, all I will say is they will hopefully do better on Wednesday! He didn't have a very good Friday or Saturday.
Jason, Jenn and Julia came for a short visit on their way to Austin/Bryan Friday night. Brady and Cooper (their labs) stayed 3 days with us. Beasley and Connor had a lot of fun with their cousins:)
I feel like I got a lot done. I organized our closet (finally). It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. It brought back memories of when I would clean my room and rearrange my furniture, then make this huge presentation for my parents. I was type A back then too! Mallory's room is still in the works, but coming together nicely. Jenn gave me some burlap fabric, so I used that for a bedskirt on the crib. I framed her footprints to hang on the wall. And I have frames for the alphabet flower cards I want to put up. Hopefully I'll have pictures of it all done soon and will post them.
I missed church yesterday. Brad was in Austin recruiting and I just couldn't do it by myself with Mallory. We'll wait a little longer until I try that one.
The most exciting part was tonight. We actually had friends over for dinner! I laughed when I told Jenn about it. She said "You have friends?" I knew what she meant. Yes, we have made some friends finally. Their names are Oscar and Laura. We grilled out chicken and had a very good time visiting with them. Mallory behaved herself too. We set her in her bouncy seat looking out the door at the dogs. She just talked and smiled.
I had to include a new picture of Mallory. Here she is "enjoying" tummy time on her Boppy. She is actually craning her neck over to watch TV. Bad habits start early!
4 comments:
Cute picture! I'm so glad you have a blog! Noelle and I are up late (almost midnight) playing the pacifier game...which I don't think is very fun. She spits it out about every 10 minutes and wakes up crying. But without it, she would just be crying and there wouldn't be any hope of sleeping.
Anyway, I'm having fun reading yours and then clicking on links to other blogs...which lead me to other blogs and so on. Who knows how long I'll be up, but at least I have something entertaining to do. :-)
Sleep tight!
Sarah
Hey Sarah!
Glad I could keep you entertained late at night. I'm so glad that Mallory finally takes her paci, but it is quite annoying when she spits it out over, and over, and over...ahhhh! It drives me crazy sometimes-especially when we are driving somewhere and my arm is falling asleep trying to reach back and get it back in her mouth.
Anywhoo, have a great day and take a nap!
Ahhh The paci - a love hate relationship.
Ahhhh Shannon, I absolutely love reading your blog. I've always known that you had a funny sense of humor, but this blog really does catch it! I miss the old days, but isn't this new stage fun!! I have many similar pictures of Miss Ella in the pool. Crazy mom that I am enrolled her in a Mommy and Me swim class when she was like 7 months old?? Yes, it was suppose to teach them how to find their way back to the side of the pool if they ever fell in, etc. Ummmmm, pretty sure Ella will never remember anything we did in the class. And, all I can say is count your blessings Mallory didn't have a dirty in her swim diaper. Talk about a mess!!! Good thing those suckers tear on the sides. Glad to see you are all doing well! I hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment