Wednesday, September 20, 2006

She already has a complex

Dear makers of Infantino toys:

I am concerned that you might be giving children bad self esteems. Giving your toys real names may not be a good idea in the long run.

Take, for instance, Mallory the Monkey. Yes, I know it is a cute name. Unfortunately, my daughter, Mallory, has abnormally long arms/legs and is a bit hairy on her back, ears, and arms. How would you like it if your aunt came to visit and gave you a toy that is named after you and happens to be a monkey?? Wouldn't you be offended?

Now, we love our dangle toys for her car seat. But, I didn't notice those toys having real names like Emma the Elephant, or Lauren the Lion. What is it? Do you think that all Mallorys are hairy and long limbed?

We are going to let Mallory play with the monkey, but we just wanted to make you aware of what you might be doing to children if you continue naming your toys after them. Thank you for taking the time.

Sincerely,
Concerned parent




****We really do love Mallory the Monkey and appreciate Aunt Kelly and Uncle Wade giving Mallory such a fun toy!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

So funny!

Chris and Sarah said...

I don't see any resemblance except that they are both ADORABLE! :-)

Anonymous said...

OK . . . I'll just give Mallory Xbox games from now on - I'm pretty sure those won't give her a complex!

Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Sarah!! Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should be more concerned about the apparent appendage that is growing from her right elbow! (That's right. I use words so big that I am not even sure how to spell them.)

tim

Shannon said...

I don't really think that Mallory and the monkey look alike, just a coincidence that she is hairy and received a monkey as a toy:)

Wade, I think Mallory's dad would rather her get XBox games! And she had a complex at birth (when she was even more hairy!), it's not your fault.

Tim, we will make sure and bring it to her doctor's attention at the next appointment.