Today was a fun day! I got to see my really good friend (I'd call her my best friend, but it might sound junior high-ish), Kara. She lives in Abilene with her hubbie Tim, their almost 18 month old Kaylee and almost 3 month old Brooke (she was born 11 days after Mallory and they will be friends!). They have been our "really good friends" for almost 4 years now. We were very sad to move away from them. Before I get teary, I'll change the subject back to my day. Kara and I met in Comanche and got to eat lunch together! Her mom (who is wonderful) offered to drive Kara and the girls to come see me. What a woman! So, we ate at Miguel's (a mexican restaurant with a big tepee in front) and then went to the courthouse and took some pictures while Kaylee got worn out from running around in the leaves and down the ramp. It was well worth the crying fits that Mallory had about half way into both trips, the 18 wheeler that almost collided with a truck and school bus on the way home, and breast feeding in odd places. I had a great day! Thank you Kara and Lisa!
Moving on, some other good news! UMHB won their soccer game on Wednesday 6-0! A sure blessing for Brad. He said he was going to start delivering pizzas if they lost. Hmmm, would we get a discount on the pizza?? Just kidding. It was really nice weather also for the 45 minutes we were out there.
Mallory can now hold her head up at almost a 90 degree angle when she is on her tummy. And she can look all the way to the right and then the left when she is doing it. Very impressive. And if you catch her before she gets too mad, she actually looks like she is enjoying it.

5 comments:
Shannon! I drove through Comanche today twice on the way to and back from Brownwood!!! Bummer! I probably had just missed you both times!! Now I'm sure Mallory thinks I'm a terrible uncle because I didn't even stop to play with her!!
I recognize the cabin in the picture! Hey! Did you notice all the signs for their 'Freedom Fair' this weekend? It's their memorial/celebration for 9/11.
I asked Kelly how many times she thought you would hear the phrase, "These colors don't run!" this weekend in Comanche!! Oh, dear!
I'm just as patriotic as the next American . . . but 'Freedom Fair'?
Let me know the next time you have lunch with Kara in Comanche - I'll join you! Ha!
Sorry we missed you Wade. You missed out on a good lunch at Miguel's!!
Shannon, We had a blast yesterday!! Thanks for driving (30 minutes longer than us)to meet us!! Brooke also cried on the way home if it makes you feel any better. Glad you made it home safely and I can't wait till October!!!
Love,
Kara
Wade, that is a bummer. I'll let you know the next time we meet. And like Kara said, you need to try Miguel's next time you are in Comanche. I think Mallory is young enough not to remember you didn't stop to play with her:)
Kara, I'm glad it was worth it for you too! I tried to send you that message from Kaylee, but it has to be a Sprint phone. I'll try to keep it in my phone until I see you again. It's really cute!
It's so good to see that you had a chance to get out of the house and be with Kara and the girls. The picture of all of you is really good. Thanks Kara's mother, for giving my daughter and granddaughter a great day!
Glad and relieved to hear about soccer win. Keep it going Brad.
Lots of Love,
Mom
Sounds like a fun trip. Tell Brad congrats on the win, sounds like it was a good one!
Post a Comment